Tranzaura helps the Travis Perkins fleet team excel in digital compliance and improve visibility & decision-making with real-time fleet data
Travis Perkins plc are the UK’s leading supplier of materials and equipment to the building, construction and home improvement markets, with a fleet of over 3,000 vehicles across 2,000 operators’ license sites. Every day they deliver thousands of product lines to trade professionals and self-builders across the nation including building, heating and insulation materials.
Over the last four years, the Travis Perkins fleet team have migrated to a digital solution for all compliance tasks and now manage these centrally using the Tranzaura platform. Tranzaura have brought together two key transport systems (first-use checks and tachograph analysis) on to one digital platform, with one ‘single sign on’ for drivers and branch managers.
Prior to this, Travis Perkins had circa 1.2 million pieces of paper in their network to show compliance records over a 16 month period, which they are legally obliged to do. Now, the paper method is pretty much non-existent in the business, due to digital adoption and all data on driver and vehicle compliance now being stored digitally.
What benefits have Travis Perkins experienced since digitally managing compliance?
- Gives the business a wealth of knowledge and foresight holistically across the entire group
- Overall improvement in the efficiency of compliance processes across the entire group
- Removed any human error, improved the quality of information gleaned and made this available to relevant people quickly in real-time dashboards
- Helps to audit every branch and identify where things could be improved
- Made it easier for drivers to be as compliant and safe as they can be
- Shows fleet managers where vehicle slippage has happened or where key activities haven’t happened in reasonable amounts of time such as debriefing on driver infringements
- No longer any need for fleet managers to visit branches to see if compliance is being adhered to
- Quickly identifies real-time trends, operational issues and utilisation reports – ensuring the fleet team can identify what needs to be done and then respond appropriately and quickly
- Access to the real-time data needed around the legal compliance of a vehicle and driver in the event of a major RTI, which would have previously taken a few days
- Highlight where drivers may need more support for tacho compliance or where retraining might be necessary
To view the full Travis Perkins & Tranzaura story, click below to view a video from Jon Lowe, Transport Systems Manager at Travis Perkins plc.
Or learn more about Tranzaura’s Digital Inspections tool here.